Friday, July 13, 2012

Roll Camera!

Principal photography begins tonight on our short film, "The Other Dog." So for the next few days, I go from writer to writer/director. It's my second try behind the camera and I'm excited and nervous, more nervous than excited. It's these moments leading up to when the cameras start rolling -- well, recording is the more apropos word these days -- when you worry if you've thought of everything, if you're prepared, if the people who are donating their time to you will show up, if you're not completely fucking insane.
And yes, I realize it's Friday the 13th. I bow to the fates. Be good to me.
Needless to say, I likely won't be posting during the shoot. We're trying to fit a lot of pages on a tight schedule -- it's the way we can shoot this without spending too much money - and every second will count.
But I will stop by when I can.
We've raised $1600 so far and I am humbled and grateful though we could use a bit more to finish this thing. If you can help us out, please consider donating to our campaign. Believe me there will never be a bunch of people so grateful. Just spreading the word about our project is worth a lot to us, though.
At the very least, you can get yourself a t-shirt with this logo on it (drawn by my friend Nicole Kaufman who has some very cool characters on her website). And a portion of what we raise will go to pug rescue. The pug insists.

No comments: